Thursday, December 27, 2007

Why I love designing your wedding album

wedding photographer album example
For many years, as a staff photojournalist working for daily newspapers across the country, I learned to dread opening the morning paper.

This dread did not arise from some need to avoid the latest roll call of bad news in the world. It was to avoid the enormous letdown of seeing my hard fought artistic efforts presented in horrible layouts that wasted good pictures. Most days it was best to not look at what became of my photos for fear of starting the day on the wrong foot.

Most publications photographers as visual communicators develop a very good eye for how pictures should be used on a page. They understand how to use pictures for the greatest impact and storytelling experience.

Truth be told, this understanding comes from years and years of watching good pictures run too small, cropped awful or ignored entirely.

My suffering was for a good cause. Now, as a wedding photojournalist with my own business here in Kansas City, my eye for good layout and how to use pictures has been a very welcome asset from my wedding clients. It is a joy to take the best pictures I can and present them the best way I can and watch couples react with glee, enormous grins and excitement.

Because of this I like to think of Glow Imagery as a truly comprehensive storytelling approach to your day. It is an excellent experience for my couples before, during and after the wedding.
I have some fun examples: here, here, here and here.

No comments: